Website Brentford Community Sports Trust
Job Title: Casual Hours Gymnastics Coach
Salary: £12.50 – £15.45 per hour dependant on experience
Department: Sports Participation and Education
Reports to: Community Development Manager and Head Gymnastics Coach
Brentford FC Community Sports Trust
With community work spanning three decades, Brentford FC Community Sports Trust has established itself as a pioneering organisation for the local community. It uses the power of sport to educate, motivate and inspire people from all walks of life.
Working in partnership with Brentford FC, the Trust offers a portfolio of programmes in education, health, sports participation and community engagement. The Trust has won the ‘Football League Community Club of the Year’ award four times and now employs more than 100 members of staff. The Trust is forecasting further significant expansion over the next two years following its appointment as a key partner in the redevelopment of Gunnersbury Park [as a sports hub], and its move to new, larger, purpose-built premises directly adjacent to the new Brentford FC 17,500 capacity stadium near Kew Bridge in 2021.
Brentford FCCST is an organisation which values and is passionate about diversity and inclusivity. Whilst our recruitment decisions are always based on merit and suitability, we welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates, including those from underrepresented groups – such as those from ethnically diverse backgrounds, women, those from the LGBTQ+ community and those with disabilities.
Brentford FCCST is committed to equality, the safeguarding and welfare of all children and adults at risk. This responsibility is shared by all staff and volunteers at the club, safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Staff will be required to undertake regular safeguarding training to enable and reinforce a proactive approach to safeguarding. This role requires the post holder to apply all relevant policies and uphold the club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people to ensure a safe environment for all. This includes the timely reporting of any safeguarding concern to the safeguarding team.
General Trust Accountabilities
• To ensure compliance with all relevant policies, including health and safety and safeguarding policies
• To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
• To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Brentford FC Community Sports Trust
• To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Trust and its personnel
• To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
Main Purpose of Job
To provide Pre-school Gymnastics, Curriculum PE and extra-curricular gymnastics sessions to children and young people. The post holder needs to be flexible and may work irregular hours (e.g. evenings & weekends) given the nature of the role.
• To deliver gymnastics sessions, with the flexibility to ensure all participants are offered coaching at a level appropriate to their ability and support needs.
• Develop relationships with participants, teaching staff, support workers/carers, parents and other key partners/stakeholders to ensure effective session delivery.
• Keep up to date monitoring including registers, risk assessments and any relevant reporting documents.
• To access all Quality Assurance staff training offered by the Trust during the term of employment
• To ensure all equipment is available and well maintained.
• Provide feedback to teachers, coaches and parents where appropriate
• Ensure they are aware of any medical issues concerning the participants.
• Actively promote relevant trust offers
The Selection Criteria Essential
• Minimum Level 1 gymnastics coaching qualification
• Safeguarding certificate
• Emergency Aid certificate
• Current DBS
• Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to establish and maintain good working relationships
• Experience in planning and delivering gymnastics sessions, in extra-curricular environments
• Experience in understanding and commitment to physical education, sport and long-term athlete development
• Ability to travel to variety of workplaces within West London utilising own transport
• Flexible to work outside normal office hours
•Adhere to and implement all child protection and safeguarding policies, procedures, and guidelines established by the organization.
•Provide adequate and continuous supervision during training sessions to ensure the safety and well-being of gymnasts.
•Maintain a safe and secure training environment, including regular equipment checks.
•Possess knowledge of and follow emergency procedures, including the use of first aid and CPR when necessary.
•Participate in and complete any required child protection training and certification programs.
•Uphold and model a professional code of conduct, demonstrating respect, integrity, and fairness in all interactions with gymnasts, parents, and colleagues.
•Communicate effectively with gymnasts, parents, and other coaches, fostering an environment where concerns can be raised and addressed appropriately.
•Foster an inclusive coaching approach that accommodates individual needs and promotes diversity in gymnastics participation.
•Respect and maintain the confidentiality of information pertaining to athletes and their families.
•Engage in continuous professional development, staying informed about current coaching techniques, safety practices, and child protection developments.
•Understand and fulfill reporting obligations by promptly reporting any concerns or suspicions of abuse or neglect to the appropriate authorities, following organizational protocols.
•Demonstrate and maintain appropriate professional boundaries with gymnasts, ensuring interactions are respectful and free from any form of misconduct.
•Keep accurate records related to attendance, incidents, and any other relevant information as required by the organization.
•Stay informed about and comply with all relevant local, state, and national laws and regulations related to coaching and child protection.
• Gymnastics Level 2 qualification
• Preschool Gymnastics Qualifications
• Computer Literate (Microsoft Office) / IT skills
• Minimum 12 months’ experience in delivering coaching sessions within a school environment
• An understanding of the structure of School games
• Other NGB sports qualifications
BFC CST Employment Conditions
The job holder will commit and conform to Brentford FC Community Sports Trust’s procedures & codes of conduct, including our Child Protection Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety at work – reflecting the Trust’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The job holder will have responsibility for promoting: ethics, safeguarding and the welfare of children – the Trust expects all staff to share this commitment. The job holder will be provided with a Contract of Employment (detailing all terms and conditions) and a Brentford FC Community Sports Trust staff handbook.
This is a position of trust and involves regular and direct contact with children (under 18s), and is subject to CRB Disclosure at Enhanced Level, satisfactory references and a three-month probationary period. There could potentially be a delay in the start of the programme pending the completion of the DBS process. This job description gives a general outline of the post and is not intended to be inflexible or a final list of duties. It may therefore be amended from time-to-time in consultation with the post holder. Appointment is subject to the Terms and Conditions of service of Brentford FC Community Sports Trust.
This job description will be subject to inclusion of changes that are needed to cope with the needs of the job and in the interests of health and safety. The post is under regular review and all changes that occur in practice will be deemed to be incorporated into this job description whether or not a written change is made
Application closing date is: 31st March 2024
Interview Date: TBC
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.